Friday, June 5, 2009

Green Thumb?

This blog isn't only about interior design, it's also about green car design. In July I will have had my Prius for two years. On a day to day basis I don't think about what it means to drive this car. Every once in awhile I really appreciate it, like yesterday when I drove all over the city for work. Here are some raw numbers. I've driven over 37,000 miles in the past two years in this car. I average 44-47 miles per gallon depending on the weather conditions. On one tank of gas I average around 430-460 miles before I refill. The best way to get great gas mileage is to watch the data output screen that explains at that second how much gas you are using. I've taught myself how to coast and glide and therefore extend my gas tank for longer. I like that Toyota went back and redesigned some elements for the 2009. The front grill needed some tinkering. But, I think this car is doing fine and as long as something catastrophic doesn't happen, I will be driving for many more years. Oh, that reminds me, I need to get an oil change. It does require oil changes...

No comments:

Post a Comment